23.3.05

Musical Meme (did you know that an accurate translation of meme in Spanish would be "mem" because it comes from the word "Gene"?)

Master kachujitu passed me the baton (how "Whatever Pride Parade" it sounds :P) of this meme and, of course, I must continue. Memes are like this, they need our brains to keep on living...


1. Total amount of music files on your computer?

My computer is a live passageway to music files, they are continously coming in and out, due to the small size of my hard disk drive. So, I must take on account all my music files, which are meant to be sooner or later there. In short, I probably have around 10.000 ± 2.000 music files.

2. The last CD you bought was ?

Tales From a Librarian by Tori Amos. It was not for me, it was a birthday present for Mistress Tone. The last CD I bought for me was probably Juan Manuel by Plastilina Mosh. As you might figure, I'm not a CD buyer :P


3.What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?

Hmm, I'm not very sure, probably It was Chico de mi barrio by an Argentinian hippie girl of the 60's, whose name, if I'm not wrong, was "Tormenta" (or "Almendra" you know, these hippie guys)


4.. Write down five songs you listen to or mean a lot to you.

1. Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie: This is the song that most accurately shows how I felt (and still sometimes feel) about my relationship with some people, the sudden, unexplainable, and ever non stable distance that appeared between us. Besides, musically speaking. It is incredible, full of textures. And it's exquisitely painful...

2. Natural Anthem by The Postal Service: This is an incredible song. It only has two stanzas, four lines each, but it is very powerful:

I'll write you a song and it won't be hard to sing
It will be a natural anthem, familiar it will seem
It will rally all the workers on strike for better pay
And its chorus will resound and boost morale throughout the day

I'll write you a song and i hope that you won't mind
Because all the names and places i have taken from real life
So please don't be upset at this portrait that i paint
It may be a little biased, but at least I spelt your name right...


This guy Ben Gibbard (the singer and songwriter in Death Cab for Cutie and The Postal Service), can definitively express what I feel better than me :P. Plus, it's a beautiful sample of drum and bassy indie electronica. So, if we add up all this, it becomes a perfect song.

3. Star Fruit Surf Rider By Cornelius: I've got a special fondness for this song. Even when I always was far away from the people I knew, musically speaking, this was the song that started my "second awakening" to even stranger, newer, fresher, richer and, most importantly, scope-wider music. Actually it was the full album (Fantasma) that made me feel like that. This album has, at some extent, made me who I am.

4. Come to me by Björk: Anyone who really knows me knows that Björk is one of my top-of-the-list artists. And this song is really beautiful. Don't ask me why. But I feel so identified with it. I've always looked forward being able to feel something like that. And now I can.

5. Protection by Massive Attack: Well, again. The lyrics for this song touch me deep. That's exactly how I feel about the people I love. And the most I love them, the most I feel like I'll stand in front of you/ I'll take the force of the blow, protection. And as I always have felt very strong. I feel as if my responsibility was taking care of the ones I love this way.


5. What new music are you really excited for in the coming year so far?

Probably the new underground electronic and abstract hip-hop scene developing here in Chile. I hope that something will come out soon. Many new artists are more than interesting, and they are not getting promotion. Too bad. But if it happens, many heads are going to blow.

6. Which 5 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?

Simple. I'm passing the baton to the ones I know have a slight possibility of receiving it. So they are: Mistress Tone, Porfirio del Tránsito, Tristán, Anorexio, and Katurri
So this is it. Take it or leave it. G'bye guys!

Current audio input: -

No hay comentarios.: